OUR CHIEF PATRON'S MESSAGE
Shri Nitin Gadkari
Hon'ble Union Minister of Road, Transport & Highways
"Our farmers are the backbone of country's economy. Development of the country is just impossible without the growth of farmers and farming sector. Through Agrovision Foundation, we are committed to farmers' education, encouraging, newer methods of farming and allied activities to make livelihood of farmers' sustainable and bringing new hop in their lives."
About Agrovision Foundation
Agrovision foundation" a social but apolitical NGO was established in 2015 devoted to the betterment and prosperity of the Agrarian Economy of the state and especially Vidarbha region of Maharashtra. Agrovision Foundation is working from last eight years. It is highly successful in inducing diversification in Vidarbha agricultural as earlier it was dominated by few crops like; cotton, soybean, rice and oranges Many times crop failures due to either drought or excess rains, pest epidemics or climate change render the farmers helpless to continue their living and hence Vidarbha was often dubbed as the suicide capital due to frequent farmers' suicide.
The Agrovision foundation, therefore, introduced several new programs within the farming system to improve the livelihoods of the cultivators and encourage them to take up alternative or supporting farm activities. For example, dairy farming has taken roots in the region after successful interventions in markets through NDDB. Diversification amongst field crops to oil seeds, pulses, medicinal plants, commercial ventures in Bamboo cultivation, fruit crops like, pomegranate, custard-apple, crops like, turmeric, garlic gave confidence to farmers as the cash flow improved. Financial support through goatary, poultry, fisheries have also now become attractive. The farmers were trained in value chain management which helped them manage the production to marketing. To encourage and empower the farmers the AF has been regularly organizing trainings, demos and workshops etc. along with a mega exhibition event every year where the farmers are exposed to latest technologies in agriculture
"Bring back the glory of Vidarbha agriculture by way of social status to this profession and further to extend the same to all areas of rain-fed agriculture, assist the farmers to earn a decent living out of agriculture and the allied farm activities."
"Educate, Empower and Encourage the Farmer of Vidarbha region of Maharashtra to adopt the technologies that will enhance their income and ensuring livelihoods support through farming so as to discourage them from taking up such extreme steps ending lives!"
- Educate the Farmers on latest new technologies by way of teaching, trainings demonstrations, field visits and equip the farmers to mitigate influences of climate change.
- Empower the farmers with knowledge on better farming techniques to enhance his / her per capita yield to link the farmers produce to appropriate markets for better returns of farm produce.
- Encourage the farmers to adopt technologies that suit him / her most to increase the output from farms or allied activities to make agricultural profession attractive to youngsters, farmers as Agripreneurs.
WHAT WE DO
- Agrovision Foundation organizes central India's Largest Agri Summit: Agrovision – National Agri Expo, Workshops & Conferences at Nagpur
- Agrovision Foundation regularly organizes workshops and training programs for farmers
- Agrovision Foundation undertakes various surveys and studies related to agriculture and release/publish reports
REPORTS & SURVEYS
- A War on Pink Bollworm rainy Season, 2018-19
- Scientific Outreach and Farmers' Awareness Campaign on Pink Bollworm in Kharif Season, 2019-20
- On farm Technology Assessment and Foresight of cotton in Vidarbha Region of Maharashtra 2019-20
Focus Training & Skill Development Program on
|Bee Keeping||Goat Rearing||Inland Fisheries|
|Poultry Farming||Terrace Gardening||Dairy Production and Management|
|Azzola Production||Bio Fertilizers Productions||Medicinal Plants Farming|
|Mushroom Production and Market linkages|