Free Workshops for Farmers :
Workshops are the special feature of Agrovision that are conducted on all three days with an aim to educate and inform the farmers about the latest happenings in the field of Agriculture. These informative sessions shed light on the techniques of getting the better yield through experts from Agri Universities, ICAR Labs, NABARD, Industry etc.
Focus Areas :
1. Targeting Crop Yield Gaps through Modern Techniques
Sugarcane, Cotton, Turmeric, Ginger, Sugarcane, Linseed
2. Introducing the Alternatives in Crops
3. Diversification through Livestock and Other Farming for Income Generation
Goat and Sheep Farming, Dairy, Poultry Farming, Inland Fisheries, Sericulture, Bee Keeping etc.
4. New Technologies and Latest Tools of Cultivation
Greenhouse/Net House/Shade Net Technologies for Vegetable Seed Production, Flowers, and Commercial Micro Irrigation and Water Saving Techniques, Certified Organic Farming, Contract Farming, etc.
5. Natural Resource Management
Water Conservation Technologies, Bio Farming and Bio Inputs.
6. General Topics of Topical Interests in Secondary Agriculture
Processing of Citrus, Dairy Products, Cotton By-products, etc
7. Credit and Insurance in Agriculture
Current Schemes of Farm Support by State and Central Govt., Banking Loans to Farmers, Crop Insurance Schemes of Government, PM’s Employment Generation Programme, Special Support to Farm Machinery and Custom Hiring, Rural Development Schemes
The topics were selected under the guidance of Dr. C.D. Mayee, Chairman, Agrovision - Advisory Council and former Chairman of Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board (ICAR) and other Advisory Council Members.
The Workshops comprised of :
• - Guidance from Experts
• - Audio/Video Presentation
• - Distribution of Printed Material
• - Live Demonstrations
• - Case Studies/Success Stories
• - Question & Answer Session