AGROVISION: India's Premier Agri Summit
12th edition of Agrovision is scheduled from 24-27 December, 2021 at Reshimbagh Ground, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
The journey of Agrovision over the years has been remarkable and it has become one of "India's Premier Agri Summit". The vision is to create a prosperous agrarian society where farmers are well informed about the latest practices and agriculture becomes a remunerative and attractive profession. Our focus this year will to bring latest technologies and products to the farmers. Keeping this in mind, the theme of the 12th Agrovision has been aptly chosen as "Transforming Agriculture Through Technology Innovations".
Agrovision is organized under the able guidance of its Chief Patron, Shri Nitin Gadkari, Hon'ble Minister for Road Transport & Highways; GoI and Dr. C. D. Mayee, Chairman - Advisory Council, Agrovision. Agrovision is supported by Crop Care Federation of India (CCFI), Croplife India, National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and National Seeds Associations of India (NSAI)
New Initiatives in 12th Agrovision
- IT in Agriculture
- Start-Ups in Agriculture
- NSIC Pavilion
- MSME Pavilion
- Live Stock Pavilion
Agrovision is a great opportunity to connect with lakhs of farmers from the districts of Vidarbha and Marathwada in Maharashtra and adjoining districts of MP, Chhattisgarh, AP and even some from far away states like Haryana, UP, Bihar etc. This is a unique platform to interact with who's who from the agriculture fraternity.
Impact of Agrovision in last 12 years
- Dry land farming is shifting to horticulture
- Farmers taking up new avenues like Dairy, Poultry and Fisheries
- Increasing demand for new technologies by Agri community such as micro-irrigation, automation etc.
- Market of farm mechanization expanded
- Young students have developed more interest in Agriculture
- Urban population has become more aware about Agriculture
- Agri tourism is gaining momentum in Vidarbha
- Agri-Business has seen considerable contribution from Women Entrepreneurs
- Crop Diversification has seen immense growth
- Larger number of Farmers have opted for Contract Farming to make farming more economical